Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still nothing!

I'm still pregnant and nothing is happening. Yesterday I had a midwife appointment, which was totally uneventful. Everything looks good still. My blood pressure was up a bit, but that didn't concern them at all. I was a bit disappointed when I left, because the midwife said I would be fine going to 42 weeks (or even 43, with frequent testing). Really, the thought of being pregnant 2+ weeks is depressing. I don't want to be induced, but it would be really nice to have an end date in sight. They are completely maxed out on space right now, though, so my doula thinks they'll let me go longer than normal because they just don't have the capacity for non-emergent inductions.

I'm just completely tired, sore and grumpy. I snapped at the boys more times today than I can count. Poor things -- it isn't their fault, but I just have no patience left. And it didn't help that, while I was loading the dishwasher this morning, they discovered they could pepper the breakfast nook with milk if they threw Ross's sippy cup around. It was on EVERYTHING!!! And I had to remove Ross from the top of the play kitchen more than a few times today. Oh, and it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get Reid to sleep, even though he had been declaring all morning how tired he was.

The worst things is that I can't find anything to occupy my mind with. I spent some time last evening scrapbooking, but I didn't really enjoy it. I don't feel like reading. I don't want to knit. TV is boring. Hmmm...I'm starting to sound like a moody teenager, aren't I?

Oh, and I've finally had to breakdown and start sleeping in the blue chair. It is a good thing Jeremy came up this morning to say goodbye to me, because I don't think I could have gotten out of the recliner without assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment