Friday, December 12, 2008
I think I got my starter started.
Yesterday I decided that maybe the starter would be better off in the oven, just to protect it from drafts. So, yesterday morning I stuck it in the oven after warming just a bit (turned it on as low as it goes for about three minutes, then left the door open for a few minutes). It got a lot bubblier than it had in the previous week. So, after I fed it last night, I put it in the oven again. I put it in a larger bowl, just in case it bubbled up. This morning I opened the oven to check it and was greeted with a massive mess. The plastic wrap was ballooned up, the sides of the bowl were covered in dry gummy starter, my over racks were a mess and there was at least three cups of starter on the bottom of the oven. Yuck. I realized, too, as I was cleaning the mess up that my oven was way overdue for a cleaning. So that was my morning project. I'm making a loaf tomorrow...the bread better rise as much as the starter did last night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EEK!!!!
ReplyDeleteJess shared your blog with me so I can keep track of your happenings...and EEK!
Nice to see you, Marcie!
ReplyDelete