On Friday, some of our good friends dropped off an edible arrangement for me, which was really such a sweet surprise. It was really good and both the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids & I plowed through more than half of it as a before bed snack and finished most of the rest off for breakfast the next morning. Now that is a great birthday gift -- something I can share with the kids without feeling guilty! I do have a tip for you, though -- eat from all sides of the arrangement as you go, not just one side. We got done with our before bed treat and I had a hard time getting the arrangement to stand up in the fridge because it was too heavy on the one side. Perhaps I should have been intelligent enough to figure this out on my own, but, well, I wasn't.
And last night my good friend Melissa came down and spent the evening here. I guess you could say we had a grown up slumber party. We didn't do anything exciting (I guess we are getting old), but I had a wonderful time just visiting with her. In fact, as a sign of just how old and boring we are, Melissa went with me to the grocery store. Fun, huh? Hey, that is what I do on Saturdays! Besides, we got to visit while we were there. And, really, what exciting things were we really going to do with Lucy in tow? (By the way, Lucy got the message about the party, because she refused to go to sleep until 10:00!!!)
I wish I could have been in on the slumber party! Maybe you both can come to Ohio next week for my 30th. What do you think? I'm glad you had a great birthday. Can you believe we are 30?
ReplyDeleteWish you could have been here, too!
ReplyDeleteIs it gonna be cold in Ohio next week? If so, then I'll have to pass. ;-)
And, no, I cannot believe we are 30!