Sunday, May 3, 2009

A girls weekend!

The boys spent the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa in Ohio watching Aunt Johnna row. So, Lucy & I had a girls only weekend and it was a lovely, and productive, weekend at that.


Thursday I managed to finish shampooing my carpets and then had dinner with my friend Erin and her son (who is just a month older than Lucy). On Friday we went shopping with Erin and her son. I did some major shopping -- which is something I haven't done in ages --and had a blast! And the entire trip went amazingly well with the two babies in tow. We seriously lost track of time and entirely missed lunch. And let me tell you, Erin is a total enabler. I almost came home with two purses (I did honestly need one -- mine was literally hanging by a thread when we got to the mall). I'm still wondering if I need to go back for the hot pink croco patent leather purse (well, and those brown sandals that I couldn't justify while we were there). Now, I enjoy shopping with Jeremy, but he never would say "that is sooo cute" at the sweet little girl outfits -- it was so nice to go shopping with a girl friend!


On Saturday, Lucy & I tackled stuff around the house. I washed the car seat covers and cleaned part of the van. Why didn't I clean all of it? Because it literally took me an hour to clean the third row (where the boys sit) and the ceiling. The ceiling? Yes, the ceiling, people. It was covered in what I am assuming is milk splatter. It does look better, though, and I did get the worst of the mess. Lucy's nap just was not long enough for me to get more done on that, though. I can't even remember specifically what else we did on Saturday, but we were busy all day and the house looked much better by the time I went to bed.

On Sunday, I did all my usual Monday cleaning. I thought it would be nice to have it done so that the boys & I could spend today just hanging around together. That was a great plan, until I woke up with mastitis (I know, probably too much information for some of you). So, while I haven't felt driven to the doctor yet, I'm feeling pretty run down today and took several naps.

Oh, and I did manage to spend a little bit of time scrapbooking this weekend -- something I haven't done in months. It was nice to have some recreational time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment