Monday, May 24, 2010

Bugs!

So, Lucy is quite a girly girl. She loves my shoes and purse and clothes (though, she'll happily try on anyone's clothes). She also hates bugs. And when I say hate, I mean she is deathly afraid of anything that looks like it could be a bug -- a speck of lint, a poppy seed, a housefly, etc. I'm not sure where she gets this from, because I don't tend to freak out about bugs (well, at least not anymore -- having my bug killer out of the country for a year cured me of much of my fear of critters).

If a fly lands on the table while we're eating, she'll scream, start shaking and yell "bu, bu" until someone else shoes it away. If there is a bug buzzing around the window, she'll stop whatever she is doing to watch it, just to make sure it doesn't come and get her. And, heaven forbid there be a black speck of lint on the carpet -- it COULD be an ant, you know -- because she might not go in the room again.

Sigh...and we live in North Carolina, which is like one great big ant hill.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know someone else who was like that ;)- Valerie

    ReplyDelete