Lucy & Ross had their first day of preschool yesterday. This is Lucy's first year going anywhere. It was really bittersweet. Part of me was ready to throw a massive party and the other part of me wanted to sit down and have a good cry. I ended up painting the ceiling in the kids bathroom instead. I have an admission here: I'm not a huge fan of the very young age group. I really do enjoy my kids more as they get older, though we are approaching the age where I would like to hit pause and keep everything as it is. Yesterday was wonderful taste of how much simpler life is getting (in some respects, anyway). It was nice to have time to tackle my to-do list while the kids weren't in the house, so that I could concentrate on them more when they were home. Next week I'm going to start working in the office a bit while the kids are all at school...so much is changing so fast!
Both the little ones liked their new school. Lucy was just happy to go and happy to be picked-up, which wasn't surprising. Ross, however, is pitching a fit because I won't enroll him 5 days a week (they are currently going 3 days a week). I wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't think he is ready....school really wipes him out and he is generally exhausted after going, so I don't think he can handle 5 days just yet.
Here are a few shots of the kiddos on their first day of school:


No comments:
Post a Comment