This morning I took his official 4 year photos (something I started doing myself about a year ago). These were two of my favorites, partly because he reminds me so much of Jeremy in them.

And, well, this one was just too funny. This morning I walked into the living room to discover that Reid had stolen Lucy's bow and had put it to good use...
I also spent the day doing a little reminiscing, so I pulled out a few old photos of Reid to share with you.

This was at 2 years, when we celebrated his birthday at Aunt Deb's Ocean (what the kids have taken to calling the Atlantic Ocean):
This was at one year:

And the next couple are from when he was just itty bitty and still at the hospital (the OSU Medical Center -- he's been a Buckeye since the very beginning, just like his daddy). I love the picture of the three of us, because Jeremy & I look so happy (in spite of my terribly swollen face). There are moments from that day that stand out very very clearly in my memory and I'm sure they always will. And, no, not the ones you would think (though I remember that stuff, too, but I'm not going to bore you with those). I remember very clearly driving down 670 in the dark. It was completely deserted and the lights were on under the bridges -- something I normally didn't see on my drive into work. I remember that the feast of Wendy's after Reid was born tasted like the best thing I had ever eaten. And the absolutely gorgeous diamond earrings Jeremy gave me -- the ones I take out only a few times a year -- when I told him they were too much and he should take them back he responded "but you puked for three months, you earned them" (which is why I like to call them my "puke present", as opposed to the super popular "push presents" of today).
I also spent the day doing a little reminiscing, so I pulled out a few old photos of Reid to share with you. This was at 3 years:

This was at 2 years, when we celebrated his birthday at Aunt Deb's Ocean (what the kids have taken to calling the Atlantic Ocean):

And the next couple are from when he was just itty bitty and still at the hospital (the OSU Medical Center -- he's been a Buckeye since the very beginning, just like his daddy). I love the picture of the three of us, because Jeremy & I look so happy (in spite of my terribly swollen face). There are moments from that day that stand out very very clearly in my memory and I'm sure they always will. And, no, not the ones you would think (though I remember that stuff, too, but I'm not going to bore you with those). I remember very clearly driving down 670 in the dark. It was completely deserted and the lights were on under the bridges -- something I normally didn't see on my drive into work. I remember that the feast of Wendy's after Reid was born tasted like the best thing I had ever eaten. And the absolutely gorgeous diamond earrings Jeremy gave me -- the ones I take out only a few times a year -- when I told him they were too much and he should take them back he responded "but you puked for three months, you earned them" (which is why I like to call them my "puke present", as opposed to the super popular "push presents" of today).

Yay! Go Bucks! I lived in Ohio from age 2 to when I married my soldier. I remember when 670 just stopped (they finally built it through!). Your son is a beautiful Buckeye!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Steve found the bow picture amusing :).
ReplyDelete