The boys are having a blast with Hannah. I'm having a hard time keeping them downstairs, as they like to sneak up with Hannah whenever she goes up to her room. Earlier this week I went looking for the three of them and found them all sitting on Hannah's bed. Hannah was playing songs for the boys on her guitar. Isn't that sweet? I tried to get a picture of them without them noticing, but I was not successful. However, I did get a semi-decent one of them posing:

I've been craving fruit pies lately -- specifically, peach and blueberry. Blueberries aren't in season here just yet (though, I have plans to pick oodles this summer), so I settled for a peach pie yesterday. It was soooooo good. Pie crusts aren't something that has come to me naturally and I've struggled with them since I got married. However, I think I FINALLY have it figured out:

The crust was both delish and beautiful. For the last two years or so I was able to do delish but not pretty. Now I need to make some kind of a pie with a pre-baked shell and see if I can get that to work, too (my sides tends to slump into the pan during baking). Hannah's been asking for strawberry pie...maybe that will have to be on the menu for this weekend. Oh, and the best part of the pie? I made another batch of homemade ice cream (plain vanilla this time) to accompany it. Mmmmmm....
I have a slew of outdoor projects to do this weekend, namely moving some of my perennials in my back beds. I know a 100 degree isn't the best day to do it, but they are entirely too close to my sidewalk (which leads to the pool) and are blocking the path. The guara I planted are much larger than the tag at the nursery said they would be (must be my fabulous gardening abilities). And we seem to have a japanese beetle infestation that I need to take care of. Normally I try to avoid insecticides, but this time I'm going to have to use them. When you walk down the sidewalk you are just SWARMED with them. At least the kids theoretically shouldn't be in the flower beds so they shouldn't come in contact with any of the chemicals.
No comments:
Post a Comment