Thursday, June 23, 2011

We've arrived!

Actually, we arrived at our new home on Monday, but it has been pure chaos around here up until now. Scratch that -- it is still utter chaos, but I'm exhausted and taking a break from the cleaning/sorting/painting to post a bit.

The first thing I want to say is this: I LOVE IT HERE! I was really nervous as we drove here on Monday, because this is a big change and not one easily reversed. We've been welcomed so warmly, though, and this house already feels like home (even if it is a disorganized, dirty mess of a home). One of our new neighbors brought us dinner on Tuesday (THANK YOU) and I was delighted to find that she has a daughter about Lucy's age (and the first thing out of the little girls mouth when she walked up to the house was, "where is Lucy?"). I'm really looking forward to the neighborhood fireworks for the 4th of July. And we are close to EVERYTHING, which is great after having lived in (what felt like) the middle of no-where for 5 years.

We did have our first round of bad luck with the gate. We went out for dinner on Monday and couldn't get back in. I guess that is the price for keeping the Kirby salesmen out, though.

I do have a lot done -- the kitchen cabinets are clean and ready to accept our items (when the truck arrives next Monday), as are the cabinets in the master bath. I've sealed the grout and caulked in two of the baths and the laundry room, too. Ross's room is almost finished...one more coat of paint and then I (hope) we'll be ready to re-assemble his room. And we've almost finished a window seat for Lucy.

So, I have lots of pictures, but they will have to wait until later. Off to do some more painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment