Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Busy, busy!

Actually, busy doesn't even begin to describe how the last two weeks have been for us. And, in my defence, I did try to update on here a LONG time ago. Blogger wasn't working for me the night I tried to update and after spending a lot of time (that I didn't really have to spare), I got mad and ignored my blog. So, I'm back now that blogger is behaving for me.

We have gotten a lot done around here in the two weeks since we closed, however we have about 10 times as much left to go. And, unfortunately, we're back to real life, so everything else has to happen around our daily life.

Ross is now the proud owner of a perfectly green room, which I love (and he is now complaining about and telling me that red is what he wanted). The girls' room is almost finished...the board and batten is up and painted, the ceiling is painted and the window seat is built. We have to shorten the blinds (and by we, I mean Jeremy), I need to caulk the top of the battens and I need to finish painting the window seat. It will all get done...eventually. I would like to have the paint and such supplies packed up by the end of the weekend, but we'll see. Everything seems to take 4 times as long to finish as I plan for.

Luckily, last weekend my parents and in-laws swooped in and did a ton of work around here! The board and batten would not be painted if it weren't for my in-laws. My dad painted our large storage closet in the basement and my mom kept the kids out of my hair and sorted through the kids clothes (all of which needed laundered after the handling they got during the move). And while they were all busy, I actually switched gears from house maintenance to unpacking. So, we now have a place to sit in our living room -- yay!!!

Today I took the day off from working and took the kids to the local children's museum. They all enjoyed it thoroughly (even Hannah) and were dead asleep in the van within minutes of leaving. I was completely tickled to find that we had more options of things to do today than we've had since leaving Columbus. I don't think we'll run out of things to do around here (both in our time off and when we're busy working) for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment