The boys have been particularly grumpy lately, which I am positive is due to the fact that I've been very busy with unpacking and house projects. Add in the fact that it is so hot that we don't go outside much during the day and you end up with two grumpy (and extremely ornery) boys.
They've used some of their pent up energy to harass Lucy. In their defense, I'm glad to see them cooperate, but I'd prefer they not gang up on her. One day last week when I was cleaning upstairs and the kids were playing in the basement, Lucy started screaming -- not normal screams either, but absolutely terrified screams. I thought for sure that someone was hurt -- badly. I figured about the only thing that could make her react like that was if either Reid or Ross were bleeding out on the floor. I got downstairs and Lucy met me at the door to the basement, shaking and hysterical. I tore off down the steps with her in my arms and round the corner to find Reid & Ross laughing uncontrably on the floor. They had apparently been taunting Lucy about ghosts and told her one was going to come get her. Someday Lucy is going to get them back and they are going to deserve every bit of it!
A few weeks ago I joined a gym not far from home (I can get there in about 6 minutes, which seems divine after driving 25 minutes to the gym for the last 5 years). On a whim on Sunday, I called the gym to see if they had any spots open in their day camp this week, which they luckily did. I figured the boys could use some time out of the house doing fun stuff with kids their own age. The boys have been in heaven. Lucy, on the other hand, is ticked because she can't go (the camps are open to 4 years and older).
I thought things were going better this week because of the diversion, but today Ross took a pair of scissors to his quilt. To the quilt that I JUST painted his room to match. Seriously! What is WRONG with that child?
I should have kept a log of the stuff they have pulled in the last 10 days...seriosly not one of our better weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment