Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hair!!!

So, I've been cutting the boys hair myself for a long while now -- at least a year, if not year and a half. I started doing so because no matter where I took them, they ended up with bad cuts. I just trim them up to one nice short length using the guide combs on the trimmer (and usually trim around there ears and neck again about 6 weeks later, so I only cut it all off once every three months or so). Until yesterday, I'd never really had a problem. Can you guess which one caused the ruckus? Yep, of course, it was Ross.

I was going to do Reid first, but Ross insisted that he wanted to go. I took one good swipe (which means that I was committed to finishing the project), when he started throwing the fit. He changed his mind -- he didn't want a haircut anymore. Great! Next he was mad because he had hair in his mouth (which I --not so politely -- reminded him wouldn't be a problem if he'd just shut his mouth and stop screaming at me). Then he started trying to spit the hair out, which means I had spit all over my floor and the hair was sticking to it. Did you know dry hair is a heck of a lot easier to sweep up? When I was trying to finish around his ears and his neck, he was literally shaking his head back and forth. I finished the job (after an HOUR), but it doesn't look that great and I ended up extremely grumpy. Luckily, Reid was a saint for his trim! Of course, he had to ask me about 3 dozen times yesterday afternoon if he was the bestest at haircuts (and then rub it in to Ross that he behaved better).

The next haircut is all Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment