Friday, September 10, 2010

Lucy turns 2!

Okay, really, how did that happen? It seems hard to believe that my baby (my LAST baby) turned two this week. Time sure does fly when you're sleep deprived and too busy, doesn't it?

As usual, we didn't do anything too extravagant for her birthday. We were at the ocean on the big day, so we very happily ignored the event until we got home. Last night we had a small gathering of family and close friends -- no balloons, no games, but plenty of food and good times.

She sure is a sweet little girly-girl who loves all things pink! We got her a bitty baby from American Girls, that she loves (so does Reid, for that matter) and she already has her first beach outfit for the baby thanks to the D. family, which has been on and off her at least a dozen times now. Is it sad that I'm just as excited about the doll as she is?

Here are a few pics I snapped of her in her birthday girl outfit (which has been in the closet since last year and I've been just itching to get it on her)!



Grandma gave her a little pedi in preparation for the party!

I skipped the fondant on the cake this time and opted for swiss meringue buttercream. It was neopolitan themed -- chocolate and white cakes with strawberry and vanilla frosting. It was very good, though my frosting was too soft, which made for a slightly crooked cake. I made the butterflies with chocolate candy discs -- they weren't hard to make, but there was a learning curve to getting them to look the way I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment