You know, I've been so pumped up and full of adrenaline over the move for the last 6 weeks or so that I haven't been down to earth for a reality check. I'm loosing altitude quickly at this point and feel like I'm just about to make a crash landing.
I like it here, I really do. But, I also hate it right now. I hate not knowing where things are or who to call. I hate the endless to-do list. I hate that my best-friend isn't around to drop in for a play date. I hate that there are boxes everywhere (and I hate that it bothers me so much that they are there).
I knew this was coming. It always does...MICHELLE DOESN'T MOVE WELL! Which is the whole point of THIS move -- this is supposed to be the last one. I just so want to be past this adjustment phase. And, really, it has gone MUCH better than I thought it would. The house really does feel like home already. The neighborhood is great and I love it. But, friendly neighbors aren't the same as good friends. I'm LONELY here. I know this is temporary.
Ok...that is probably enough of my whining and sniveling for the day. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym to get a membership -- there is an outdoor pool there for the kids and a daycare so that I can workout while Jeremy is at work. I'm hoping that some extra activities out of the house will be good for both the kids and I (and praying desperately that there is a mom at the pool that I hit it off with)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is possible to be friends with non-mommies too! Don't limit yourself.
ReplyDelete