So, we spent yesterday and a bit of today celebrating Lucy's birthday. To make up for the fact that we were having her big dinner and cake today, I took her Krispy Kreme for a treat after school yesterday.
Lucy did get to help with a little of the cake baking. She even was kind enough to flip a large portion of the dry ingredients out onto the counter and all over the cookbook. I may be shaking cocoa powder out of the book for months.
And lookie what Daddy brought for Lucy!
Can you believe that, until yesterday, Lucy had NO dress up clothes? How can such a girly-girl live without at least one princessy skirt? And look at those poor little dress up shoes -- Lucy's extra wide feet don't really fit in them.
And finally, what I was looking forward to all day -- CAKE! I did a yummy chocolate cake with raspberry chambord frosting. The cake was good, but the frosting was DIVINE! The swirls are supposed to look like roses. They mostly look like swirls. At least icing the cake like this gives you enough frosting per slice to make your pants tight. After all, frosting is what a cake is all about. (And bonus trivia -- how many sticks of butter do you think it took to frost that cake? The answer would be 6 -- a pound and a half of butter! Just call me Paula.)
And that is the end of the birthday celebrating around here for a while.





No comments:
Post a Comment