I was reminded this weekend that there are actually a handful of people out there who read my blog and are wondering why I haven't been posting. Sigh...I mean to do it. I just haven't had time. Since school has started, I've been helping Jeremy in his office and volunteering at the school, which leaves little time for much else.
Truthfully, I wish I could find the time to keep this updated for me as much as for anyone else. This is a good safe place for me to record all those things the kids do that you think you won't forget but never seem to remember (you know, when I look at Jeremy at the end of the day and say, "Shoot, what was it that Ross said that was so funny?).
So, for today, I'll leave you with our most recent family photos (taken in November, of course). This particular photo shoot was a bit trying. The wind was blowing like crazy and I discovered that, while I had packed my tripod, I had left the widget (for lack of a better word) that actually attaches the camera to the tripod at home in the drawer (and we were in Ohio). The solution was to set Jeremy's iPhone on top of the tripod and then set the camera on top of the iPhone and then pray like mad that the wind wouldn't blow the entire set-up over. It worked out pretty well as the cover on Jeremy's iPhone was a kind of grippy and kept the camera from slipping off. We ended up breaking the tripod however, so no more family photo shoots until I splurge for a new one. And typing this has just now reminded me of that fact, so I guess we will be missing our obligatory family-in-front-of-the-mantel picture that we take every year on Christmas Eve.
If you are wondering, the background for the picture is the old barn at my parents house (though come to think of it, why would you be wondering about it?). I quite like the effect and might have to use it again...
(And just because he makes the best faces, one of Ross!)
Are you happy now, Uncle Thomas? ;-)



No comments:
Post a Comment