Saturday, October 4, 2008

That felt so good!

So, today I went to the gym for the first time in AGES. It felt wonderful to get back there. And it was nice to have a few hours where I got to be someone other than mom! I turned the radio up and rolled the windows down on the drive there and back and just enjoyed every minute to myself. The class I take is a barbell class and I've taken the class many times previously, but I haven't been to it since April. It sure was tough after not having worked out in so long, but it felt good. I'm thinking, though, that I should start popping the ibuprofen now. I wonder if I'll be able to walk tomorrow morning...

I had wanted to make Lucy a blanket when I was pregnant, but not knowing the gender, couldn't do it. So, in spite of my better judgement (I really shouldn't be starting more projects), I went and got fabric this week and made her one. It is pink, of course! It is bright floral on one side and a fuzzy chenille on the other. It isn't perfect, but the chenille covers up most of the errors quite well. Sewing that large (and heavy) of an item was a new experience for me. I think I'd do a lot better if I did it again...maybe she needs a purple one, too! Here is a shot of her and the blanket:


And she has started smiling recently. She isn't lavishing us with her smiles yet, though, so I'm having difficulties catching one with the camera. Here is a half smile, though:

And yesterday, one of my good friends from high school stopped by to visit. She brought lots of treats for everyone, but the boys favorite was the cupcakes she brought to decorate. Aren't these cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment