Saturday, January 24, 2009

Do you Etsy?

Have you ever heard of Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/)? It is absolutely one of my favorite places to go for crafting ideas. It is essentially an online craft fair.

I've only bought from Etsy a few times, but this week I got a new apron. I had purchased a very similar one from the same seller for Johnna for Christmas. I loved it so much that I had to get myself one. And, if you've ever seen me in my kitchen, you know I am an apron wearer. I probably wear my aprons a good 4 or more hours a day -- I hate getting my shirts wet. So, anyway, here is a picture of it:

And now I want to try and make one myself. I really need several more aprons anyway. Of course, I want to do several things differently (though I do love the one I got), simply because I have to add my own personal flair to any project I do. It is rare that I ever follow a pattern/tutorial exactly as written. That is one of the things I love about crafting...putting my own unique spin on an item (I do the same thing with cooking -- I rarely follow recipes exactly as written, unless I'm baking).

I also want to try making Lucy several pillowcase dresses, which there are an abundance of on Etsy. Really, every time I visit Etsy, I come away with a list of things I want to try and make. Crafters beware!

4 comments:

  1. What is a pillowcase dress? That's a new one on me. It sounds comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, quite simply, dresses made out of pillowcases. Usually they have a ribbon run through the top to make the neckline and straps. Here is a link to some of my favorites on Etsy:

    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5056097&section_id=5295596

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you slim! You look great Michelle!

    Who on etsy did you get your apron from? My mom made me a really cute apron for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks, Susan! I actually had to go buy new pants last week. I thought I could get away with one new pair for a while (until my weight levels out), but most everything I have is sliding right off.

    I got the apron from Bella Bee (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5161610). I had a terrible time picking, because I liked all the different color combos that she has.

    ReplyDelete