Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So....

...the incident that preceded yesterday's comment:

We drove home from Ohio yesterday, so it had been a long day. A very very long day.

I always like to leave the house clean, as I hate coming home to a dirty house. So, the night before we left I stayed up until almost midnight mopping the floors. When I walked into the house from the garage, I noticed that there were what looked like dirty water spots on the floor outside my utility room. I didn't think too much of it, as the cat likes to use his water dish as a bird bath. Plus, John had fixed a leak in my sprinkler system while I was gone, so I figured he could have tracked it in on his shoes. The next stop was Lucy's room. I immediately noticed that the changing pad cover looked like it had runny poop smeared all over it. Now, normally we would change the cover right away in that case. So, I go to my room. And there is a similar sort of mess on my white comforter (I should mention that the cat isn't allowed on my bed). And then I look in my living room and see it smeared on my upholstered chairs. Sigh...there is obviously something wrong with my cat.

So, I was up until almost midnight last night washing sheets and comforters and shampooing my chairs. I spent a good deal of time spot cleaning my hard surface floors and I absolutely must get my carpet shampooed this week. Luckily, the boys beds seem spotless after a thorough examination. That being said, I want to wash all that too, just to be sure.

After all this cleaning, I have come to believe that the cat has a UTI and that the marks are actually bloody urine (yuck!). So, the cat is locked in my utility room until his appointment at the veterinarian tomorrow.

Really, that was just too much. Jeremy is in Iraq, Hannah is in Ohio and there is cat excrement on everything in my house. Life just down right sucks right now.

1 comment:

  1. oh yuck!!! I might've found the nearest hotel to sleep in for the night. :)

    Hope the cat is ok!

    ReplyDelete