Did I mention that I can't believe that I have a teenager? Where oh where did the last 13 years go? It is strange to realize that we have just a few more years before she is heading off to college as an adult.
So, Hannah requested a chocolate cake covered with fondant for her birthday. She isn't a flowery, girly girl, so I decided to try a soccer ball cake, as she will be playing soccer this fall. That is the short version of the story, anyway...I definitely didn't have a clue how I was going to pull off a soccer cake, but did it anyway because she liked the idea. So, here is the cake:
I was totally displeased with it. The top was okay, but the sides just look warped and strange. The cross lines between the blue patches are all wonky on the sides. She was happy with it, though, so I suppose that is really all that matters.And here is a pic of my birthday girl!


I can't believe she is 13! Happy Birthday Hannah! The cake looks impressive to me.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I see a picture of her, I am amazed at how she is a perfect balance lookwise of you and Brian.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Hannah is really growing up to be a lovely young lady!
ReplyDelete