I knit this with two strands of yarn held together, which I didn't particularly like. I had to tear it out after I was about an inch into it because the two strands were so tangled that I couldn't get them straightened out without doing so. Then I almost finished it, before I decided it was a touch too small and needed to be knit on larger needles. The third time was the charm, though, and I'm quite happy with the results. The hat is a little fuzzy, though, from all the extra handling. If I hadn't mucked it up the first time, I could have probably finished this in 3 hours (and I'm a slow knitter).
Hannah had been harassing me daily about when I was going to make the hat, so I might have waited a while to do it, but I couldn't stand the constant harassment. I tried to point out to her that she wouldn't need it until AT LEAST sometime in September (perhaps a cool Friday night football game?!?!). That didn't deter her from thinking that she needed it now. Oh well...it didn't take long and is done...


It's lovely. Is knitting a difficult skill to learn? Even as a grown-up? I can sew well, but have never attempted knitting...
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't think knitting is hard to learn, though getting a consistant gauge (stitch size) was for me. I was fortunate to have a co-worker across the hall from me for several years who was a fabulous knitter and she helped me a lot when I first started. There are plenty of video tutorials out there and I still find myself using them when I run across a new stitch/technique -- I can figure about anything out that way.
ReplyDeleteI love knitting, because I can take it anywhere.
hat looks way cool. :)
ReplyDelete