Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting excited for the Holidays!

I can't believe how quickly the last few weeks have flown by. I am so ready for the Holiday season this year. Honestly, the last year seems more and more like it never happened -- perhaps simply because I am suppressing bad memories. It just seems like I missed the Holiday's last year.

I've spent the last several days prepping for tomorrow. My parents are coming down and bringing Hannah with them, so I'm getting to host (which I love to do). I'm trying a new item this year -- sweet potato pie. Actually, to be specific, it is a maple-bourbon sweet potato pie. It smells divine and I can't wait to try it. Of course, I also have a batch of my Aunt Marilyn's refrigerator rolls ready to go (which are the absolute best yeast rolls EVER), as well as all the other traditional fixings (well, except cranberry sauce, which is something I've never had -- maybe next year I'll try that). I love cooking and baking, so I'm pretty much in heaven this week!

I dug my china out this afternoon, which I did not use at all while Jeremy was gone. It was weird, because I totally forgot about a lot of the stuff I have (or don't have, for that matter). In fact, I was talking to Jeremy as I was pulling things out and mentioned that I would really like to have a set of silver some day so that I don't have to use my beat up stainless with my good china, when I pulled open a drawer and found my Great-Grandma's silver set (well, silver plated anyway, which is close enough for me). Duh! I had totally forgotten that my mother had given it to me and that I was supposed to be looking for replacement pieces to fill in the service pieces. Talk about being forgetful!!!

And now to go finish prepping what I can yet tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment