Thursday, November 12, 2009

We're adjusting....

...and I'd say we're adjusting very well to having Jeremy home again. The last week has flown by and somehow (and I can't believe I'm saying this) his deployment already seems, in many ways, like a distant memory (or perhaps nightmare is a better word for it). For the most part, we've fallen back into our old roles. Jeremy's jet-lag and complete exhaustion from his trip have been the biggest challenge.

The kids have done amazingly well. Lucy has been reluctant to let Jeremy put her to bed, but other than that you'd never know that they've spent most of her life apart. And Jeremy has been just fabulous at stepping back into his role as daddy. The first morning he was home he popped right up with the kids and made waffles for them before I could even stumble out of bed.

We haven't done too much other than to enjoy spending time together. Jeremy is still on 1/2 days at work, so we've been playing each day by ear doing whatever it is that catches our interest. We're being mostly reclusive right now, so emails and phone calls aren't always being answered, which I'm hoping most everyone can understand. Family time is our #1 priority right now.

We did make a trip to the zoo on Sunday with some good friends of ours. We got the news just a few days before Jeremy came home that our friend would be deploying in a few short weeks. On a very selfish level, this upset me because I had really been looking forward to spending time with them as a couple (I'm way overdue for a few good games of euchre). And on a more serious level, I'm sad that my girl friend is just starting this horrible journey that I'm ending. So, that has been the one dark spot in our otherwise sunny lives. I suppose this is life in the military...

And I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who supported us for the last years -- whether through prayers, cheerful thoughts or a helping hand, we've really appreciated everything! I owe a special HUGE thanks to my in-laws, who did absolutely everything under the sun to keep things running smoothly here at home. It is an understatement to say that I would not have been able to survive the last year without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment