Saturday, May 29, 2010

How did that happen?

Last Thursday Reid celebrated his FIFTH birthday. How on earth did that happen? It seems crazy that he is already five. On the other hand, he does have two younger siblings already, so I shouldn't be so surprised.

We didn't do anything extravagant -- just dinner, cake and presents with Grandma & Grandpa and a good friend. It turned out to be a very nice day. And no fancy cake this time -- I just couldn't get it done. I did try a new chocolate frosting recipe, which was a disaster. I'm afraid I have lost all trust in Martha at this point. The frosting was TOO chocolaty and very runny (even though I doubled the powdered sugar in it to try and thicken it up).

Here are a couple of his five year photos I took:


And to top the week off, he "graduated" from preschool. Now, don't get me started on this...I think graduation ceremonies for preschoolers are silly. From the looks of things on Friday, however, I was the only parent who thought that way. Oh well...Reid enjoyed the event, and that is all that I really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment