Sunday, July 25, 2010

July in a flash!

Wow!!! It has been ages since I posted. I guess July has just been a really busy month for us.

We, of course, started the month of celebrating the 4th in our usual fashion. One evening we enjoyed the NC Symphony here in town and then also did the big Ft. Bragg event on post. Both were a lot of fun, though I'm partial to the concert -- it is just a lot quieter and less crowded. The kids loved both, though.

So, here are a few shots of the kids at the 4th events:

Hannah doing her best Ross impression:







The next major event on the calendar was Jeremy & my 10th anniversary. I didn't even get a picture of us, but it is too late to fix that now. We ended up taking a short trip to Greenville, SC (a spot on our list of possibilities for relocation next year) and had a nice time. Their downtown is fabulous and the city is beautiful. The trip ended up being a mixture of house hunting and relaxation, but the fact that we didn't have kids with us was the best part -- we were in need of a few hours sans kids.
Last weekend we made our first trip to the blueberry patch for the year and came home with 17 pounds of blueberries. We ended up stopping about picking up about 10 pounds of peaches on the way home, too. The kids were in hog heaven all weekend -- they are bottomless pits when it comes to fruit (which is a good thing, as far as I am concerned). I need to go back again soon for some more picking -- seventeen pounds won't last us very long!

And then last week we took the grand tour of Virginia for a combination house hunt/vacation. We spent some time in the Fredericksburg area and then headed out towards the coast. We got a day at Busch Gardens in (thanks to their FABULOUS military program it was FREE), which the kids really enjoyed and then headed to Virginia Beach for a couple of days. I'm not quite recovered from that trip. Maybe after the trauma of staying in three hotels over the course of four nights has worn off a little I'll be able to remember the good stuff that happened during the trip. Those pics will have to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment