Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Niece!

I guess I touched on this a bit in my last post, but didn't really go into detail. My sister and her husband welcomed their first child into the world in August, which also happens to mean that I finally get to be an Aunt! I didn't think to ask if my sister was okay with me posting pictures or revealing names, so I'm going to call her L. for now. She is sweet little thing and I'm glad I got to meet her a few weeks ago when I was in Ohio!

I was totally thrilled when I learned months ago that she was indeed going to be a she and started planning my knitting right away. I've been just dying to show off my work and I finally can, as I gave the gift to the my sister and her husband when I was visiting. Since they live in Guam right now, but visit Ohio a lot and will eventually move back, I wanted to make something that they could use in either place. So, I picked a lacy pattern, hoping it would make it light enough to use in Guam, but something that you could layer over turtlenecks and leggings. So, this is what I came up with:

I'm totally in love with the pattern and definitely going to make Lucy one for next spring.

And, while I was in Ohio, I got to be a sponsor for L.'s baptism. I also got to make the cake (and in this case, cupcakes) for the baptism. I am really very happy with how they turned out, especially considering I made them in an unfamiliar kitchen. I think I'm really getting the hang of fondant now...



I can't wait to visit again next week -- and this time everyone but Reid will get to go! Jeremy is a closet baby-hog, too, so I know he will be happy to meet little L., too!

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy is such a baby hog! I couldn't believe that he wanted to hold Eliott while he was sleeping that Thanksgiving after all the kids were born. You were holding Reid at the time. David and I gladly let him have Eliott since we totally babied out at that point.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I don't remember any of that, Amy! LOL! I was so sleep deprived at that point! But, yeah, Jeremy is totally a baby hog. If you let him, he'll slip off to a corner where no one notices him and will gladly sit and snuggle for hours!

    ReplyDelete