These were taken last weekend when Laney was just shy of 6 weeks old:
Hannah and Lucy love their little cousin!


Isn't she the sweetest little thing?

And these were taken in September when she was about 3 weeks old:
Ah, yes, Aunt Michelle showed up and insisted on bows. Doesn't she look thrilled?I'm totally bummed that it could be a really long time before I see Laney again, even though I totally understand the difficult logistics of trips (I'm soooooo not trying to guilt Val & Steve into visiting more often). I never understood what the hullabaloo was about us moving away, but then everyone that I knew was grown and pretty set in their ways (well, except Hannah, but we see her frequently despite the distance). But now I get it...Laney is little and changing and I don't know her yet. She'll be a different person the next time I see her. And my kids are little and constantly changing...family & friends miss out on all kinds of stuff when we're away. Still doesn't change that things are the way they are (the way they need to be, for us at least), but I get "it" a bit better now. Miss you already, Laney Lou (I've already saddled the poor girl with a nickname -- my two little Lous -- Lucy Lou & Laney Lou)!

No comments:
Post a Comment