Friday, December 10, 2010

PINK!

We have a pink problem here and she goes by the name of Lucy. That girl is just a pink fanatic! I'm not sure where this obsession came from. I mean, yes, she has plenty of pink in her wardobe, but there are lots of other colors present as well. Her room is BEIGE and her bedding is BLUE. So, I know it isn't just a result of my pushiness (though, yes, I do love pink and her next room WILL be pink).

It is reported that last weekend she played Go Fish with Grandma & the boys. Apparently she had a card with a pink fish in her hands and she WOULD NOT give it up. No way no how was that girl going to give the pink fish up.

Today I was rocking her and told her she had pretty brown eyes. Then I asked her what color my eyes were. Her answer? Pink eyes! I told her, that no, my eyes were brown, too. And then she clarified, "my want pink eyes". (Note: for some reason the word "I" and their name has been replaced with the word "my" by my children, so we hear a lot of "my likes that" or "my wants that") I told her she couldn't have pink eyes, which resulted in a major fit before naptime. Sigh...what am I gonna do with this girl?

I'm not upset about this development. I mean, really, I love all things pink and girly. However, it gets frustrating when she refuses to wear anything but pink socks, even when she is wearing purple and orange!

1 comment:

  1. you can tell Lucy is related to Katrina. She is living in her second pink bedroom and has just asked her dad for pink and purple skirts to wear to school but no other colors are allowed.

    ReplyDelete