To my scrap booking/card making hobby, that is. I finally had to force myself to make a choice: either I can scrapbook or I can exercise, but I don't have time on a daily basis for both. I chose exercising for many reasons, but mostly because I really enjoy it (and, well, I really enjoy being thin) and it is good for me. My consolation is that I get to keep my knitting stuff -- since I can take it with me when I'm otherwise doing things that are non-productive (like riding in a car) I can justify keeping the hobby.
A few months ago I had purged a lot of my stamping stuff on Ebay, but only stuff I didn't use anymore. A few weeks ago I got drastic with the clean out. I had an indecent amount of extra paper in my office. As in, I had AT LEAST an extra pack of every color of paper that Stampin' Up makes (or used to make anyway -- 48 colors + all the neutrals). So, every pack of unopened paper went. I thinned my stamp collection by 1/2. And I got rid of about 1/3 of my stamp pads. I listed them on Craigslist and have been happy to get rid of most of the sequestered items -- the rest are sitting in boxes waiting to go, but they will NOT go back in my cupboards. I'm in the process of finishing Lucy's 1 year album. And when that is done, the rest of the lot is going (well, almost everything -- I'm keeping some crafting basics for the kids).
I'm kind of torn between relief and sadness. I really enjoy paper crafting. I also really was stressing about having all that stuff and not using it. And it is GREAT to get it out of here and free up the space (and get some of the cash back in my pocket).
So, goodbye stamps and paper and punches and ink! May you bring hours of entertainment to the next person (and surely many grumblings from their husbands)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment