Last week Ross celebrated his 4th birthday. Somewhere in the last year the last traces of my baby has disappeared and he has turned into one very ornery little boy.
He requested polka dots on his cake this year and I went into his cake project with no firm plans. Poor kid...one of the downfalls of having your birthday right after the holidays is that mom is totally ill-prepared (and just a wee bit burnt out) for your party. I'll admit, his cake turned out a bit feminine in color, but he liked it, so I'm happy.


Lucy "helped" with the cake. See that in the picture below? Yep, she stuck a knife in the finished cake...twice. Sigh...I think I'll pass on the kitchen help next time I need to bake something!


I took a lot of pictures, too, trying to get a good 4 year portrait for Ross. He wanted nothing to do with a normal picture, but had a blast hamming it up for the camera. He was so much fun!

This one is my favorite!

And I like this one, too!

But this one totally captures his personality.

And this one is pretty good, too.

Don't you just love the ears here? He totally reminds me of my dad in this picture!

And I love that his tongue is in focus here, but not his eyes!

His attempt at a nice smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment