Thursday, August 18, 2011

The little man's room!

I'm feeling a bit guilty, because in all honesty, Ross' room is nothing special. We painted it my favorite shade of green, which luckily matched the bedding we already had for his room (poor kid got the left over quilts from the last house). I do like his room, but it just isn't exciting...no architectural details, no exciting paint or color schemes (wait to you see what I did with Reid's room). And, on top of that, he did get the smallest bedroom in the house.

His closet was a monster to paint...I lovingly dubbed it "h!**" because it was so hot in there. It is a walk-in, though small, and has no vent. It also has a LOT of shelves, so it took as much time to paint the closet as to paint the room itself (maybe more). I'm pretty sure I'll be hiring out the re-painting of this room in 15 years. (A girl can dream, right?)

So, anyway, here is the room as it stands now:




And here is the way it was before all the green paint:



We're waiting on vinyl wall decal with his name, which will go above the nightstand. It still needs something, though, and I'm not sure what. Maybe curtains? A bulltetin board over the dresser? My wheels are turning, but not getting anywhere!


I should also mention that Ross took a pair of scissors to one of his quilts the week before I snapped this photo. My head almost exploded...I mean, seriously, I JUST painted the room to match the quilts. Luckily, I was able to patch it fairly well. If you look closely you can see the patch, but I doubt anyone would catch it in passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment