Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reid's Room!

Reid's room was a lot of work to paint, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out (and so is Reid). I'll start by saying that I totally copied this idea for The Yellow Cape Cod. Where would I be without the help of the blogging world?

Here is the room today:



And this was our starting point:



The biggest lesson I learned from this project is this: NEVER use navy paint again, no matter how cute it will look. The navy required 4 coats of paint. The red required SIX, yes 6, coats of paint to cover adequately. I'm cringing just thinking about someday having to sand down the ridges that the stripes make.


I'm totally in love with the prints over Reid's bed, which I purchased from bexpert on Etsy. The prints feature the nautical flags and their definitions and I used them to spell out Reid's name.



The room has been done for a while now...I've just been waiting to get those prints hung before posting pictures (in fact, I'm almost done with the next room...the kids bathroom). I want to add some more nautical touches, but I'm in no rush and am willing to wait until the right things come up!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    Thanks for the shout out. The room looks great! I bet Reid loves it. It was a lot of work but so worth it. I love, love, love the prints!!! I may have to visit that Etsy shop too. Best regards, Sarah

    ReplyDelete