Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The girl who loves to talk...

...apparently she has a speech problem.  Actually, I knew she had a speech problem, but it was confirmed today when I took her in for a speech screening with the schools.  I'm not overly worried about it.  Reid has been receiving speech services since he was two and it has been very good for him.  I'll be glad to get her going in a program, though, as I think it will really help her with communicating with her peers at school.

In my untrained opinion, I believe her problem is that her vocabulary (and desire to talk) have grown at a faster pace than her physical ability to form words.  The kids has so much to say, so many words to say it with and she is NOT going to slow down to work on saying "remember" instead of "fremember".

Lucy's true colors (literally) came out today at the screening.  They had given her a pile of blocks, each a different color, and asked her to stack them all up (which she did just fine).  Then they asked her to give them one block, which she did (taking the block from the top).  Then they asked her for three blocks, which she did -- she gave them the top two, took the next and laid it to the side, and then handed them the next block.  I could hardly keep a straight face, as the block she had squirreled away was the pink one.  She did the same thing when she came to the purple one.  That child is just so predictable!

No comments:

Post a Comment