This process has taken forever it seems, but I finally finished off the laundry room two weekends ago with a cornice box for the window and, mostly exciting, a sink skirt for the (very ugly, but totally useful) utility sink. The fabric sat on my floor for a good week or two before I managed to sew anything. And then the photos sat on my camera for a few days. And then I processed them on Monday. And now I am finally getting around to posting them. Just a lot of little things got in the way over the last couple of weeks!
Anyway, here is a shot of the room, which I am loving:
(I love that washboard, by the way, that I picked up at a yard sale in Ohio. It was made by the Columbus Washboard Company in Columbus, OH. I thought it was a nice reminder of one of the places we've been.)
And here is a better shot of just the sink skirt:
I just adore this fabric, which I bought at JoAnn's (something I rarely do -- I usually prefer to order my fabrics online from fabric stores, as I think JoAnn's quality is sometimes lacking). The color doesn't present well on my computer screen, but the yellow is a mustardy color, which I am loving. I think I will have to pull that color into the rest of the first floor to tie things together. And not to pat myself on the back, but my sewing skills are getting quite good. This skirt looks SHARP in person. I hope that puts a smile on my Grandma M.'s face way up there (or over or around or wherever the hereafter happens to be).
The cornice box took FOREVER, but only because Jeremy would just not do it the way I asked. Well, in the end he did what I asked, but first he had to try his own version (which just didn't work). I am wishing we had made it a bit taller, as the ceiling is so high in the room that I think it needs the extra length. We are NOT redoing it, though. I might make some for the office as well, and if we do, you can bet they will be bit more substantial.
I took a ton of pictures of the sewing part of my sink skirt, in the hopes that I would get a tutorial up. Maybe it will happen next week...


No comments:
Post a Comment