We got the van when I was pregnant with Reid and, to me anyway, it has always been the most expensive piece of baby equipment that we own. And, well, we are done with babies at this house. Part of me (well, most of me, to be truthful) is jumping up and down with joy to be rid of the thing, but there is a very little nostalgic bit of me that is sad. Short of our bike trailer (which can be converted to a stroller) and a very beat up umbrella stroller (which hasn't been out since last summer, at least), we have completely divested ourselves of our baby gear.
So, goodbye trusty old Nissan! You served us well, surviving a rear end collision and a run in with a horse drawn sleigh.
Let me introduce you to Harry the Honda Pilot (Harry for Harry Potter because the initials are the same as Honda Pilot and well, this is for the kids and I and we all LOVE Harry Potter).
So far, I am loving it. My van was pretty basic, but this thing has all the bells and whistles, which I am thrilled with. The best feature so far? A built in hard disc drive, so it copies any CD's used onto the drive and you don't need to keep the CD with you after that. Way cool! Another bonus is that we gained an 8th seat and it is just as roomy as the van (almost better for seating, but we lost a little cargo space), but is smaller and fits in the garage better.
Anyway...that is the most exciting thing that has happened around here in the last week (unless you want to hear about the nasty stomach virus that Lucy & I picked up, which I am guaranteeing that you don't want to hear about).


No comments:
Post a Comment