Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just sitting around waiting...

How can a few weeks go so SLOW? Last week I would have done just about anything to get this kid out. Now, however, I want him/her to wait until next weekend. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be pregnant anymore, but there are a few activities this week that I don't want to miss out on. Tuesday night is the parents orientation meeting for Reid's preschool. I really want to go to this, as I want to make sure I know all the rules/policies/procedures for the upcoming year. And Thursday morning will be his open house, where he can go in and check out his room and meet his teacher -- I just simply don't want to miss out on this. And, this one is a little fickle, but there is a huge consignment sale this weekend in town that is sponsored by one of the local MOPS groups. I have a massive amount of stuff ready to go to it that will need dropped off on Thursday. I really don't want to store the stuff until next year (they do two a year -- the fall sale only accepts fall/winter items and the spring sale only accepts spring/summer items). Plus, I can shop early on Friday, since I'm consigning items, so I want to go to that (of course, it would help me with my shopping if I knew what we were having...).

Yesterday Jeremy managed to finish up a few more little yard projects that have been haunting us. The big one was to repair our gate for our privacy fence. It was damaged in a storm this spring, but we only temporarily fixed it at the time, as we didn't want to fix it until after the pool install was completed (since they were bringing large equipment in and out of the yard). He spent most of the afternoon on this project, while I sat at the patio table and knitted (and, occasionally, did help a little). And no, I haven't started any major new projects. I had some extra yarn and am just knitting to knit, as I don't like to just sit. Last night, John & Betty were nice enough to watch the kids for a few hours, so Jeremy & I went to dinner by ourselves. I wonder when we'll do that again? Maybe next weekend, if the baby hasn't come yet, but it could be a good long time, too.

And now I should do some cleaning...tomorrow will be a busy day (well, busy considering my energy level and condition, remember I work at the pace of a turtle).

No comments:

Post a Comment