I just woke up from an hour and a half nap. I've officially decided to become a useless lump for the rest of the pregnancy (though, that decision has come mostly out of necessity). Beyond normal housework and laundry (and I have a strange fixation with keeping the laundry freakishly kept up right now), I'm not really trying to accomplish anything.
Sleep is getting harder and harder to get, especially in intervals longer than 2 hours, so afternoon naps are becoming imperative. And, it seems, that my "morning" sickness has returned. Three evenings/nights in a row now I have been horribly nauseous. I hate this more than anything. I vomited too much during the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy to be able to handle the nausea with any grace. Last night it reduced me to a blubbering, crying fool. I go to the midwife on Monday and plan on begging her to do something, ANYTHING, to help speed this process along. At the worst, though, this kid should be here by 9/7, which is two weeks from Sunday. While most babies come between 38 and 42 weeks (I'm 38 weeks and 5 days right now), Womack (the hospital we go to) will want to induce at 41 weeks. Now, normally this is something I would resist, wanting to wait until the full 42 weeks. However, if the nausea continues, I have no desire to wait any longer than necessary.
Sigh...Ross is too tired and already awake! I hear him downstairs pestering Daddy. I guess we'll have to go float in the pool for a few hours, as I don't think he'll be happy anywhere else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment