Friday, November 14, 2008

On potties and paint.

Ross successfully went on the potty again earlier this week. I would have been thrilled about it, except that he managed to pee all over his pants in the process. So, even when he does use the potty, it seems I can't escape dirty diapers or clothes.

Today is a rainy, gloomy day. So I pulled out the finger paint. Now, I bought this well more than a year ago, but just haven't broken it out yet. I hate messes, I really do. Yeah, I know it is good for the kids to explore and experiment, but I HATE messes. Anyway, I finally let go of my compulsive tendencies and got the paint out. (I should mention here that Grandma B. was down for this whole event, else I wouldn't have been brave enough to get it out.) The boys had a blast. The two of them are polar opposites when it comes to painting. Reid was neat and tidy, even insisting on wiping paint off his arms as he went. Ross was, well, not the least bit neat about his painting. He also had to be reminded repeatedly that paint is not a food.




2 comments:

  1. Wow--it looks like so much FUN! Can we paint the next time I visit??? We can pudding paint--then Ross can eat it without a problem! Way to see past the "mess" Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Reid looks like his dad - very organized and precise. The picture of Ross cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete