Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One of those days.

The entire day wasn't horrible, but there were a few moments that wore me out pretty well, so I'm keeping this short so that I can get to bed sooner rather than later.

This morning Reid had speech. The library has story time after his speech appointment, so I've been trying to take the boys to that each week. Last week was a disaster -- we had to leave half-way through. So, today Reid announces that he doesn't want to go to the library when we are driving there. I verify with him at least a dozen times that he indeed does not want to go to the library. No, he doesn't, he wants to go home. Okay, fine, I'm not going to argue. I don't need a repeat of last week. So, guess what happens shortly after we pass the library? You guessed it -- he changes his mind. Now, there was no way I was going to turn around to go to the library, especially since we would now get there after story time started and have to interrupt. So he screamed at me all the way home and for at least another 1/2 hour. He's such a pleasant child sometimes.

Jeremy made a tape of him reading books for the kids. This evening after dinner, Reid & Ross wanted to watch one. So, I was working on getting the tape going when Reid knocked Ross over. Reid was sent to time out for pushing. Ross was yelling because he got knocked over. Reid continued to yell because he thought he was going to miss the movie. Ross continued to yell because, apparently, it was the right thing to do at that moment. The movie wouldn't work. So, I tilt the VCR to the side to see if I can fix whatever is wrong. And then it happened -- the cable came out of the back of the TV. Which meant, no VCR usage or cable reception. I move the TV stand out to plug the cable back in. Now, this is where I should explain that our entertainment center is a piece of junk. It is a Sauder item and the move from Ohio to North Carolina was rough on it. One of the side pieces is broken and bends in, so you have to move it very carefully and you usually need two people -- one to move the entertainment center and one to make sure the side piece stays in place. Anyway...the piece almost completely broke off and my entertainment center starts to tip over. All the while all three children are screaming. Thank goodness Grandpa was home. And thank goodness the TV didn't slide back and put a hole in my wall. The good news: I got the video to work and the kids were happy.

I broke out one of Lucy's new bows today. Isn't she sweet?




2 comments:

  1. What a day! I love Lucy's bows. Where do you get them? You made them didn't you? I want to hold that little girl before she becomes a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them at Bloomingbows.com, but I probably won't order anymore from there. They are really nice, but the bow is attached to the headband. I discovered you can get the bows made as detachable clips, which means you can have multiple bows for each headband (which is a big money saver). I've also ordered from fiveblessedbows.com and their stuff is really nice. I haven't made any bows myself yet, but that is next on my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete