Thursday, January 29, 2009

So good, but so bad!

So, today is my 30th birthday. Betty B. was nice enough to surprise me with Krispy Kremes this morning. And, mmmmmm, were they ever good. They were so good, in fact, that I ate 6 of them today (luckily, the kids and Betty at the other half of the box for me). I only ran 25 minutes on my elliptical, but probably should have done an hour and a half considering what I've consumed today. Ah, well, I don't have to be good every day, do I?

My sweet husband also surprised me with flowers this morning, the delivery of which caused quite a ruckus. Lucy was in her bouncy in the bathroom with me and Ross was in the play kitchen when the doorbell rang. I was waxing my eyebrows at the time. I had, unfortunately only finished one. Now, when you wax your eyebrows, sometimes some wax and lint from the cloth strips gets left on your skin. I was frantically trying to wash it off (and ignore the fact that I looked like a complete idiot with one eyebrow waxed nicely and the other as bushy as an old mans) when I realized that Ross was opening the door yelling "grandma". Now, I knew it wasn't Betty because she was on her way to pick Reid up from preschool. So, I lit out of the bathroom as fast as I could so that Ross wouldn't either let a complete stranger in or leave the house with a complete stranger. So, I answer the door, collect the flowers and am trying to get back in the house as Ross is trying to get out. I distinctly remember saying to him, "step back, please, so that your toes don't get pinched in the door". He steps back and I shut the screen door -- ON HIS HAND! He moved his feet, but had his hand in the crack of the door. This, of course, led to a massive amount of screaming (on his part) and a little crying (on mine because I felt so bad). I actually thought I might have broken his fingers for a few minutes. So, I got him a baggie of ice, which he absolutely refused to put anywhere near his sore fingers. However, he was fascinated and promptly stopped his screaming to play with the bag of ice. Fine, whatever -- the ice fixed the problem (even if not in the way I expected). I tell you, it is NEVER dull around here.

Ah, yes, and here is a picture of the flowers. I really like the color combo on these and the fact that the vase is funky.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Michelle! I know, I'm a day late. I would love to say your card is in the mail, but it is sitting here on my desk staring me in the face. :-)

    Hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete