Friday, February 20, 2009

Invoking the power of Murphy's Law

So, I've been meaning to post this for a while now...



About two weeks ago, we suddenly began having potty success with Ross. He had squirted several times for us over the course of a week, however we had no business to report. The boys ended up staying at Grandma & Grandpa's on a Friday night (an unusual occurrence around here). When I went down on Saturday morning to retrieve them, John mentioned that there was a Krispy Kreme run in Durham (or Raleigh, not sure which anymore) that morning. Reid immediately begin pestering us to get donuts. In order to stop the pestering, I told Reid & Ross that we would get Krispy Kremes when Ross did his business on the potty. Now, I figured there was about a 2% chance that Ross would be successful with this anytime in the near future. I was also serious. So, I took the boys home and we went about our day. At one point (I can't remember if it was after lunch or after nap time), I sat Ross on the potty. And guess what he did? Yep, he did his business. Luckily, Grandma & Grandpa had gone grocery shopping that morning, so I was able to call them and ask them to pick-up a box of Krispy Kremes. Wonderful timing on Ross's part, don't you think?



Additionally, the week before all this occurred, I finally broke down and invested in a new stash of cloth diapers for Ross. Now, these aren't cheap. However, they are less expensive than disposables in the long run. Still, I thought we were a long way off on potty training when I ordered those diapers.



I guess the potty training fairy has a sense of humor and goes by the name Murphy...

No comments:

Post a Comment