Sunday, March 8, 2009

Greetings from Ohio!

Lucy and I made the trip from North Carolina to Ohio on Friday, again. The trip went very well this time. In fact, I don't even have any rude or stupid people to report on. Surprisingly, I even let a complete stranger hold Lucy. When a full bird colonel offers to help you, you take the help! ;-) For you non-military folks, that is a pretty high ranking person -- the top rank Jeremy would ever be able to get to if he went career military. Really, I feel a lot different about letting someone with their name and rank on their chest hold Lucy, seeing that most kid-nappers wouldn't probably want to walk around with their identification on their chest.

I was surprised to get off the plane in Columbus to temperatures in the low 70's. Though, by the time we got to Napoleon it was a bit overcast. Yesterday was a bit cooler, very overcast with a few drizzles mixed in, but on a whole not bad weather for Ohio in March. I'm just glad there isn't any snow! I must say, this is a good reminder of why Jeremy & I love North Carolina -- grey overcast days are just not very common there!

Hannah had a basketball tournament at Fairview this weekend. Her team played very well, winning all their games. She had one game on Friday and four yesterday, which made for a very long 24 hours (those bleachers ARE NOT comfortable). I couldn't fit my camera in my luggage, so I had to use my mom & dad's camera. I've gotten so used to my DSLR, though, that I found myself majorly frustrated with their camera. So, I didn't get very good pictures. I'll have to see, when I get home, if any of them are decent enough to post.

My parents are driving back with Lucy & I on Tuesday and then they are staying for a week or so to visit. I'm not looking forward to that drive at all, but I'm sure we'll all survive!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm sorry I missed you again! Email me and let me know when you are coming next time. I know you already emailed me, but I can't seem to find that particular email. I'm glad your traveling is going well.

    ReplyDelete