Friday, March 13, 2009

Something new to worry about.

I took Lucy in for her 6 month check-up today. She weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs 3 oz, which means she hasn't really gained anything since her 4 month check-up. That places her in roughly the 10th percentile for weight. She started out somewhere between 80 or 90, I believe. So, the fact that she is small is not a concern -- it is the fact that she is not gaining and is dropping the charts is of concern. Of course, about the 1st question (after ascertaining that Lucy is eating whenever she wants) the doctor asked was "have YOU lost any weight lately". Um, yeah, so I guess that may be a problem. She advised that I up my calorie intake, which is not something I really want to do, especially since I am eating to satisfy my hunger.

Lucy is on target, if not ahead, developmentally -- she rolls, grasps, pushes up, coos and all that other good baby stuff. She just isn't very big.

Sigh...why is it that there is ALWAYS something to worry about when you have kids?

So, if you're the praying sort, say one for us -- that we find a way to help Lucy put on a bit of weight and some peace of mind for mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment