Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feeling good!

So, I'm still on my exercise kick. Actually, I shouldn't call it a kick -- it is really more of a new lifestyle. I have no intentions of going back to my sedentary ways.


I have an elliptical that we got about 6 years ago that I absolutely love. I've used it for 99% of my cardio workouts since I got it (and I got it because it is what I used at the gym for the 1 1/2 years prior to that). See, I've never liked to run. Let me rephrase that correctly -- I've HATED running my entire life. Well, working out 6 or 7 days a week as left me a little bored with my elliptical. Don't get me wrong -- I still love the thing. I just need some variety. So, I have decided to start jogging. Not only that, I want to run a 5K sometime this summer, preferably before Jeremy comes home on R&R. Now, to those of you who are runners, that might not sound like a lot. However, that is a huge deal to me. Yesterday was my first trip out. I did two short laps around our block, which took about 10 minutes (this was after 20 minutes on the elliptical). Today I decided to push it a little more -- I did about 23 minutes and what I believe to be about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 miles. I felt really good when I got done. And, really, I can't wait to get back out there. It was so nice to feel the sun on my face and smell the fresh air.


I'm happy to report I'm still losing weight. The best thing is, though, that I feel really good. I have more energy (in spite of my consistent lack of sleep), I don't get winded easily, and I just feel strong and healthy. What on earth did I wait 30 years for to get in shape?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I think your regime is really great! I have been valiently trying to add in more exercise lately. When I walked the 1/2 marathon in October it about killed me, so I would like to be able to do it without pain and a lot faster this year!

    ReplyDelete