Lucy has really been getting around lately. She crawls all over the place, though her crawl is getting modified into a "bear" crawl. She wears a lot of dresses and those tend to get caught under her knees and trip her up, so she has taken to crawling on her hands and feet (with her rear end sticking straight up). It is quite comical to watch, but kudos to her for figuring out a way around the problem! I was just wondering yesterday if this hurdle would give her more incentive to learn to walk soon.
This morning, she sat on the floor with me while I folded diapers. She spent a long time pulling herself up on the basket and got herself up on her knees several times, which she was happy with because she could then reach in and fling items out of the basket. I was just wondering if she'd get herself up to standing, when I looked up and there she stood staring at me with a huge grin on her face. She even let go with one hand. She was thoroughly pleased with herself! Of course, this happened as I was almost finished folding, so the basket no longer had enough weight in it to be stable and I had to hold it down for her, else I would have snapped a picture.
I really just cannot believe how big she is getting already! She is definitely the last baby in this household, so I'm trying to enjoy each milestone and stage. It is crazy and sad to think that soon she will be a toddler and that the baby days will be over for our family. At the same time, though, I can't help but think "hallelujah" -- the lack of sleep issue cannot be totally overlooked no matter how sweet babies are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment