Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our weekend fun!

So, the kids had a really nice time this weekend. Hannah had spent the previous week at Camp Palmer, so she was a bit tired, though it didn't seem to get in the way of the fun. The weekend was filled with outdoor playing and lots of dirt, which is to be expected when visiting a farm I suppose.

Their favorite thing all weekend? My Aunt & Uncle lent my parents their go-kart and the kids spent hours on end in it. The only downside was that Ross burnt his hands on the motor, which he had been repeatedly warned not to touch (nothing major, though he did have a couple decent sized blisters). After that, he made sure to tell me every time I got near it that I should not touch the engine because I would get hurt, which I thought was cute. I'm not sure who had more fun on it -- Hannah or the boys.







We got to visit with both my Aunt & Uncle and my Great Aunt & Great Uncle on my dad's side. My aunt taught the boys how to race, which was a hoot to watch.





Lucy enjoyed the outdoors, too.





And she and Grandpa had a good time playing. I thought this picture was hilarious (hope you don't mind me posting it, Dad) -- note Lucy is wearing Grandpa's hat. I love the fact that it is cockeyed and backwards.

The trip home went really well. Except for the last two hours, the kids really didn't complain much. In fact, we made it half way home before anyone complained about anything. The kids were exhausted from the weekend, which I think was really helpful -- they slept a good portion of the day while traveling, which is the best way to travel with kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment