Sunday, June 28, 2009

Waiting...

So, Jeremy started on his long trip home yesterday. And I am impatient -- really really impatient -- and grumpy and impatient and stressed and impatient and restless and impatient. Did I mention that I'm impatient? I just cannot wait for him to get home! Of course, I should add that the last communication I had from him was earlier today and he was stuck not far from his origination due to a sand storm. I haven't heard from him since, so I'm hoping that means he is on a plane (as I expect he would have emailed me before heading to bed, which is where he should be at this time of day).

I've been cleaning like a mad woman for the last few days. My living room carpets have been shampooed. The inside of the windows have been cleaned (I'd do the outside, too, but know I just can't get it done before he gets home). I've washed just about every piece of bedding in the house (because he'll care if the boys comforters have a smudge of dirt on them -- which they usually do, even if they have been recently washed). I've swept and washed the entrance to the house and the screen porch. And Hannah and I both spent a good deal of time cleaning the pool yesterday (which is a chore I don't mind, since I then floated around in the pool in honor of the fact that it was sparkling clean).

Hopefully he'll get here soon, or I might run out of things to clean.

5 comments:

  1. Let us know when he gets there. We have been waiting to hear word.

    We love you all. Have a great time the next 2 weeks.

    Love you.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey if you run out of things to clean, I can give you a few off my list. I'm hoping that Jeremy gets to you very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am willing to bet that things that bugged him in the past won't even cross his mind.

    Cousin Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amy, I was mostly being facetious. Jeremy could care less about the house for the most part (well, unless I start leaving drawers and cabinets hanging open -- that he really does care about). The cleaning is purely one of my compulsive behaviors, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men. I tried to talk David and getting me a Spring Clean from a cleaning service for Mother's Day. He didn't go for it. He is completely unaware of clutter and dust.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete