So, house #1 didn't work out. Oh well. I had my heart set on it, but we didn't get it. That is okay...we'll figure something out! I guess we'll be making another trip to SC soon.
On a cheerier note, I'm thoroughly enjoying my quilting project. I have all the squares cut out and am ready to start sewing the pieces together (I'm just waiting for a new foot for my sewing machine which will make it easier to keep my seem allowances at the proper spacing). I have one of the backing pieces sewn together, too, which was a bigger project than I had anticipated. I choose to use one of the busy patterns on the front on the entire back (to help mask kid dirt). It was difficult only because the pieces of fabric were so large that they were really hard to lay out and line up. The pattern on the fabric matches almost perfectly. The pattern is a polka dot pattern (a series of large and small rows). The last 18 inches or so of the seam have veered off ever so slightly. I'm contemplating tearing out the stitches, but I'm inclined to let it be. For one, when I lay the fabric out it isn't really noticeable. A more compelling reason is that I don't really believe I'll make it better by messing with it. I think I could spend hours tearing out stitches and re-aligning the fabric and end up with the same result.
So, while I wait for my new machine foot, I've decided to take a stab at making a pillow like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/67951758/custom-made-ruffle-rose-pillow-small?ref=pr_faveitems
I love it! I'm just working with the scraps I have from the quilt to see what I can whip up. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it a round pillow or use one of the several dozen square toss pillows we have sitting around the house already.
I really should get out my camera and start taking some pictures of this project...maybe tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment