Yep, I know it has been a long long time. But, I'm back and ready to start journaling some of the events going on in our life right now. Our current house in under contract and we are set to move out in early June, we're writing an offer on a new house at the moment, Jeremy is negotiating a practice purchase and I'm learning to quilt (yes, the last isn't a big thing, but probably what most of my posts will be about).
Lucy has never had her room decorated -- it is the same boring beige walls and hand-me-down bedding that her brothers had. I've been chomping at the bit to decorate it since about 2 minutes after we brought her home. Jeremy made me wait until we moved. So, I've been obsessing over exactly what to do for her room (and also Hannah's, as they are likely to be sharing a room). I've been completely unable to find exactly what I wanted for bedding, so I've decided to make the quilts myself. The driving motivator in this is that I really want to be able to accessorize the room out with matching cushions, curtains and pillows.
So, a couple of weeks ago I finally purchased a new sewing machine. I've only test run it on scrap fabric, but it is FABULOUS! I can't believe I've been suffering through with my grandma's old 1940's Singer all these years, when the new machine only cost $109. Seriously, all that cussing wasn't worth the money I "saved"! I can't wait to use it!!!
The first of the fabric arrived today. My plan for tonight is to break in my new rotary cutter. I'm scared, though...the fabric is so pretty and I don't want to mess it up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment