Seriously, I'm starting to feel the stress of this move at a whole new level. I really, REALLY, can't wait to be done with this. Today I was wondering why we ever went down this road (optometry school, that is). It was an easy decision at the time: Jeremy needed a career that would satisfy him and we needed a life that we would both be happy with. But, at that time we were young, freshly married and had nothing to lose -- no home, no assets to speak of, and it was just us and Hannah. Now, 10 years later, we have a lot to lose -- we have three more little people to care for, equity in our home and a secure and comfortable life. In three years, I'm sure I'll say it was all worth it. Right now, however, I'm doubting our choices. I feel a bit like I'm standing blindfolded on a high dive and I'm just waiting to jump so I can find out if there is water in the pool or not.
Anyway, last weekend we went and house shopped again (as our first choice didn't pan out). We ended up choosing one we had checked out on our first trip (which was our 2nd favorite, but was so outshined by our 1st choice that I didn't remember much about it). We made an offer and it has been accepted. Now we're just waiting for the home inspection (ugh...another trip to SC this weekend for that) to firm up the deal. We're set to close no later than June 30th. The home is a "new" build -- it is still owned by the builder, however it was built in 2008 and was occupied shortly by someone who had a "lease to own" contract that went sour. I'll post some pictures after our trip this weekend (assuming the home inspector doesn't find anything wrong that would end this deal).
To top everything off, I've been working like a mad woman on some projects (quilts, furniture refinishing and prepping the house for the movers). I haven't gotten more than about 6 hours sleep a night in several weeks (and I'm one of those 8 hour sleepers). I'm EXHAUSTED. And I'm calling it a day...perhaps a good nights sleep will help my perspective just a bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment